Cool, crisp morning = wonderful!

Cool, crisp morning = wonderful!

Today was my first time out running when it was still below zero C and it was wonderful :-) The grass was sparkling as if covered in fairy dust and the yellow, orange, brown leaves made a carpet of colour underfoot.

I went back to the woods and fields where I had first started running 4 months ago. This is the field of barley that was green then; it was only harvested 2 weeks ago and the stubble is still here.

I did a quick 5 km and that was enough for today - my first run after the 10K Run on Sunday. I actually paused a couple of times - which is unlike me - once when turning round at the road junction and a guy waiting at the bus stop started chatting (I think he may be/have been a runner too) and once to take the photos. I'm yet to decide if I'll do my long, slow run tomorrow as my thigh muscle is still slightly 'not-quite-right'.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oooo lovely - planning on my countryside run tomorrow - hope the weather in East Anglia.is as lovely as where you are.

As ever an inspiration... Hope your thigh is OK for your long run.

• Brilliant picture, no frost here, but its coming next week! Fantastic that you have achieved a 10k run too. Not sure I am fast enough for that yet.

Sneeked out today once the rain went off and sun came out. It was chilly but lovely, as usual slow and had a few breathers for about 30-40 seconds. But managed 11.11km today, well pleased with the distance.

You may also like...