Calf Muscle Still Causing Pain

Two weeks ago I pulled a muscle in my calf. I left it a week and then went for a long walk, which seemed to do it good and then two days later went for a run. Got 1.5 miles into the run and twang my muscle went again. That was Sunday it's still sore but mostly it feels really tight. I also have a slight discomfort in my hip/lower back not sure if that is due to me limp a bit or the back problem is causing the pulled muscle. Totally gutted though that I can't go out.

I will wait till it feels better and then try again if not I may have to see someone.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I totally know how you feel. I pulled my calf muscle during W1R3. That was a month ago and I'm going to start the programme from scratch again this weekend.

• Have you tried a sports physio or sports massage for the tightness? It might help your recovery plus of course RICE. Hope you feel better soon.

• Hi there - I feel your pain, had a few days of pain below my right buttock that slowed me up !!!

Try checking out this youtube. Some really helpful stuff using foam rollers and a tennis ball.

Hope it helps. Good luck