Couch to 5K
62,460 members95,283 posts

Possibly the worst place to run?

Possibly the worst place to run?

When I'm at work, this is my only option for running for four weeks. There's high temperatures from the engines below and the smell of oil and paint fumes clogging the air, yet somehow I still find the motivation to continue. I'm hoping that when I finally return to land and can run outside I'll enjoy myself more thoroughly.

Does anyone else have experiences running in adverse conditions?

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Omg where is that? In a submarine?!

1 like

Just a ship, it's alright but you can't run if there's any waves, gets a bit dodgy when the treadmill moves and you have to try not to run off the sides.

1 like

On the rigs? The transition from treadmill isn’t always easy, but you’ll appreciate the smell of the trees and flowers no doubt.

Wowser, harsh environment! Even more commendable that you’re motivated to run! My runs are all outside, so a doddle comparatively. 😀

Good luck with the programme! Bet you won’t know yourself when you eventually get outside! 👍🏻🏃‍♂️😀

You're a true hero!

Cor!!! And I thought past the manure piles in the fields was a bit ripe!

🙌🏽 Hats off to you for doing the programme whilst at sea! Clearly not much to see, but I imagine you still find that time to yourself pretty good. A run with a view and fresh air will be extra great when you’re back on dry land! Well done!! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽😁❤️

Respect! Well done! Enjoy running in the fresh air when you finally get the chance!

Think I would put a picture of something with a nice view in from of me. So there's something nicer to focus on 😁

1 like

Great idea! I tried videos but I get too distracted.

That takes a lot of determination and grit, well done to you.

We had a lady here a few years back who ran in her sitting room and another who ran circles in her garden.

Wow, I don't fancy the circles, might get dizzy. I'd have to alternate the direction.

1 like

Depends on the size of the garden I guess 🏃🏃🏃

You may also like...