5-mile plod, walk, plod, walk, plod

Having done Week 8 last week, and having agreed with my daughter-in-law to join her on a 5-mile charity run, my plan was to run for 30 minutes as my first run of Week 9 and to walk the rest of the way. What with the unfamiliar route (hills!) and the weaving around other people, it didn't quite work out that way. DIL left me behind within minutes, as agreed, and I ended up jogging/walking for the first 3 miles and then walking for a mile. I thought I would run the final mile, only to be confronted by a humpback bridge and another hill! So I walked that bit and once the route flattened out again I ran to the finish. A gorgeous morning to be out, in a stunning setting, so I'm glad I did it. Week 9 will have to wait another couple of days.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You did wonderfully...go you!

Hills..blimey.. and you still managed it :)

What a great experience, and a good practice for your Week 9 runs... well done you x

• Thanks, Oldfloss! Well, maybe they were inclines that I promoted to hills. Or mountains that I downgraded to hills. Whichever, there seemed to be more ups than downs ;)

• If it goes upward and it is not flat..it is a hill...:) I swear the roads and lanes used to rise up when they saw me coming :) xxx

• You have discovered what "running" is all about!! - and I think you probably have discovered the very best of what it is all about!!!

You may also like...