After 18 days of treadmill ---

I have been using a treadmill for the last 18 days - and I have been quite happy with my achievemants on it. Shorter fastish Tempo runs and long constant HR runs for a longer time. But today the seas have been calm so I decided to to an "outside"run around the Promenade deck. - 3 laps equals one mile . I did 7 laps only and piked out. Outside running is definitely harder than treadmill running!!

I HAVE A 10K race in 3 weeks - I badly need to get up to speed!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi, I've wondered about that sometimes when the hills and head on wind take it out of me - sounds like you need to get outside for good now! You're a graduate though, so I expect the 'conversion' is mostly mental :-) good luck!

• Ooo that treadmill certainly is different! Outside running, as everyone says, is completely different. Never mind, your basal fitness is so good that you'll soon be running outside like a good 'un again.

• It's a tough life......

• How much time will you have to prepare when you get home? I'm sure you'll be fine, you've done it before, you can do it again...

• 3 weeks. I feel that my treadmill running over the past couple of weeks has done my cardo fitness some good I have just lost a sense of pace outside

You may also like...