I had to laugh

Went out for my run tonight after work , set off at about 20.30 , I didn't feel up to it after a ten hr shift but I thought get it done . Anyway I'd got to about the last k in my 5k run , & was running up this incline & this young lad was coming in opposite direction past me on a bike , he saw me running , towards him , I must a looked cream crackered because as he approached he looked at me and smiled & said go on lass you can do it ! He made me laugh and I shouted & punched the air oh yes I can bloody do it .

Just goes to show there's a lot of nice young people out there

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Lol, makes you laugh doesn't it! I had a similar thing when I was cycling to work up this massive hill-guy was running down the hill and said the same thing to me. I thought I must have looked worse than I felt as I do that hill every day and don't find it that bad!

• That would make my day too!

• I would have laughed too! I love the one-liners you get when out running. I passed a breakdown van and man attending a car the other day and the guy said 'the bus is that way'. I replied 'looks like they need it more than me!' and carried on running. On my way back home they were still there. Hahaha its good this running x :-)

• It sure does make you feel so good about yourself and have far you have come.

I was in the park a few weeks ago I was running much later than usual and it was hot & very busy, I 'ran' past a little boy who shouted 'run lady run' :)

• Go Rockette go!!!!

• Lol. Great. Nothing like a bit of encouragement ;)

• Love it and makes a change to get a nice comment from a youngster

• LOL!! That really made me smile, and well done getting out after a 10 hour shift! That's real dedication, maybe almost addiction :)

Keep going Rockette - Happy Running

• Thanks for sharing.Great story and well done you!!! I don't think I could go out after a day at work never mind a 10hr shift. Now everytime you're struggling you'll hear in your head, "Go on lass you can do it!!!!"

• Hey Rockette!

I did a reply to your post but it vanished! Puff, it was gone. Where'd it go? Doh!

Anway chuck. Well done! Great to get a bit of support int it. Every little helps

• I recall a little boy in a park asking me why I had gone so red - I do a great impression of a sweaty raspberry. I think I must look just as bad as I feel!

You may also like...