Help!

I had reached w8 r1 and have really had a set back. After w7 r3 I had slightly achey hips but by the end of w8 r1 I was in a lot of pain across the front right of my pelvis, in the inside of my right knee and the right side of my torso. I have rested for two weeks and it has decreased but it is still there. I have also put on 2lbs. Feeling really depressed as it was all going so well and I was seeing so many positive results. I have also been doing strength and flex and already have proper running trainers fitted as I am slightly knock kneed and my feet roll in. Has anyone got any advice or been through anything similar?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • So sorry to hear of your injury. It's really frustrating when you're making good progress then can't continue for a while, isn't it. I don't have any advice because I'm a novice compared with you (wk4), except maybe to suggest some gentle stretches and a trip to the doctor or a physio for some expert advice. Chin up and don't worry about a 2lb weight gain, that'll fall off when you start running again. Good luck!

• As the pain has gone on now for a couple of weeks I can only urge you to see your doctor ASAP. It's not worth the risk of further injury. Hope it get sorted and you are running again soon. Best wishes.

• I'd been doing some foam rollering which has helped and seeing a sports chiropractor tomorrow so hopefully will be able to complete the programme. I don't want to give up so near to the end.

You may also like...