Copd: Just want to share today I visited a... - COPD Friends

COPD Friends
2,427 members823 posts

Copd

Just want to share today I visited a relative who’s 82 and we chatty about life he said he was smoking 60 cigs a day and was diagnosed with copd at 50 and stopped there and then. I asked him how his copd was now he said ho no problem but he does have other health issues ( 2 strokes) and diabetes. He also said I didn’t think they call it copd these days do they which made me smile take care xxx

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Christina sorry for delay but your post is very inspiring as your relative is living proof how lung disease varies in all folks . It’s too bad when someone posts something that is actually good news not many comment on it . It seems most of the time it’s the bad news that receives the most pub. Sorry to be positive but I look forward to posts as this. May he live to a long productive life

1 like

Yes very inspiring, we like to read posts like yours - thank you!

1 like

Thx for sharing this Christina. It put a smile on my face also. :)

Hi Christina:

Thank you for your post. I think we all need to hear positive things. Have a great day and I wish you and your friend all the best. Hope to talk to you soon.

It's funny how this disease works differently with different people. I guess though that there must be a very large percentage of copd sufferers and let's not forget the people who are being treated for asthma, but have copd, or both, who are still out there living totally normal lives with inhalers at the ready. I'm sure not everyone is very ill. They can't be.

You may also like...