cdiff # 6

I'm an enduring my 6th Cdiff infection in 12 months. I have been admitted to hospital 7 times totalling 17 weeks.

I am starting a stool transplant trial but I honestly feel no hope.

I wrote recently about going to the ER of a large hospital and dismissed because I have fibromyalgia. I wish the doctor had listened. It was the beginning of another infection that landed me in the hospital critical care a couple of weeks later.

It takes me weeks to get over every infection even with IV support.

Feeling so sad...

Last edited by

8 Replies

• Hi FibroGoddess,

I see that you have found our community not because you have CLL (I hope), but because you've had a terrible time with frequent Clostridium difficile infections and have seen posts about this hard to cure illness to our community. Hopefully you'll have read that stool transplants provide a much higher treatment success rate than traditional alternatives. So take heart that this trial may well see a major turning point in your health.

All the best,

• Thank you... I do not have CLL. But bless you all. I never realized I posted to a specific community. Oops! :)

• Check out h.pylori my neighbour had an ambulance often at her door with the pain for months, and it ended up to be this which responds to 2 different antibiotics. Never know always pays to query.

• I don't have H. Pylori. I have been tested. I have cdiff. I am a medical lab tech. I probably had spires dormant in my stomach that my "good" gut flora could not control and it over grew and populated my colon.

I have been on vancomycin for one year. Not fun.

• FMT are highly currative in chronic C.diff, something around 90%

I think you should be optimistic...

Mayo overview...

• You are really going through it, can only say how much I feel for you ans send best wishes that FMT works for you and gives you some quality of life back.

Hope always

• Thank you. You are very kind.

• Hi FibroGoddess!,

Being sick for so long is really really aweful !!! I hope you new treatment is just the thing for you and you'll be feeling wonderful again!

Best, Denise

You may also like...