My doctor has cancelled the FC in my 6th and final dose of FCR. ( I am in US so I get all IV meds and have 11q deletion/CD38+) My preliminary bloodwork done last Friday (WBC 1.5 platelets 97,000) so the CBC was repeated this Monday to check WBC ( WBC of 2.2 platelets 78,000) I received a call today from cancer center saying the final doses of FC x 3 days were being cancelled and I am done with treatment. I am very concerned about not getting the full 6 doses which would give me the best chance for remission.
I am a nurse so I understand the concern with the platelets but feel that a repeat CBC with the possibility of finishing out my 6th round would be a more responsible course than simply saying 5 rounds are good enough especially with my poor prognostic markers. I am seeing my physician on Thursday and have a call out to my CLL specialist in NY. I was wondering if anyone else had an experience like this? I certainly don't want the FC if it's not really necessary but at the same time would do it for a longer remission.
The uncertainty of CLL/SLL is really difficult at times as you all know. First the watch and wait. Then chemo which was my only option since my SLL was progressing. I have to say that the uncertainty of CLL/SLL along with this latest development and possible consequences of what might happen if the wrong choice is made regarding treatment, seems to be constantly on my mind. It feels as though there is never an end to the uncertainty with this condition. I am usually very positive in dealing with the SLL but this latest problem has thrown me for a loop!
Thanks for any insight or info you may have. I find the most reliable and up to date information on this site. And thank you all for all your constant support-you have been my lifeline for living with CLL/SLL for the past 2 yrs. Your kindness, understanding, and information on understanding and living with CLL/SLL is priceless.