can oat bran really reduce cholesterol?

Ive been eating 2 tablespoons of oat bran mixed with yoghurt every day and Im hoping it works ..has anyone had success with oat bran in reducing cholesterol? I tried plantsterol tablets they didnt really do much so Im hoping this works ..Ive also tried beta glucan it tastes awful so Im avoiding it and eating oat bran instead.

7 Replies

• I tried olive oil with chilli bread and lecithin granules. Cholesterol came down from 9.2 to 5.4 in just over 2 months. Not sure if it was the olive oil or the granules that worked.

• How much of each did you use and how did you use them

• 2 tablespoons of oat bran with 4 tablespoons of natural yoghurt plus a teaspoon of fruits spread that doesnt contain added sugar ...strawberry flavour

• Did u make any other dietary changes?

• Ive been on a wieght loss plan which i planned for myself and lost 25 kilos so far over 10 months and ive switched to low fat cheese and skim milk and lean meats etc ...

• Why do you want to reduce cholesterol?

What are the numbers?

Is cholesterol making you ill?

• it was 6.7 a few months ago ..the problem is my LDL is always higher than average and HDL is low ...tryglicerides are normal and no it wasnt making me ill 6.7 too high for a 50 year old woman (non smoker non drinker and normal weight and reasonably fit)

You may also like...