I hve recently been diagnosed with 'Decompensated Liver Cirrhosis' and obviously have many questions... I am a 53 year oldmaleand the condition is alcohol related - perhaps I can start with the most pressing ones..
1. Is my condition classed as a disability? I need to know to understand my approach to my employers.
2. Who do I approach to discussany benefits that I might qualify for? My money will run out soon.
3. I have currently been signed off from work until the end of August however, when I ask my Doctor about returning to work they cannot give me any idea of timeline, if ever?
4. I have had (and continue) to have episodes of HE, what is anyones experience of this, my Doctor says I should not drive and cannot be specific about when I will be able to again, if ever?
5. My job entails me travelling across Europe/Middle East and Africa, again I am told that this would not be recomended and again no idea when if ever again?
6. Does anyone have any experience of using any of their Pension Funds to support themselves?
Any feedback is gratefully received.