I have been feeling unwell for quite some time now, nothing specific, just not quite right, I started vomiting and tests showed that I have delayed stomach emptying, I'm also a type 1 diabetic and my blood sugars are all over the place, I saw a gastroenterologist 2 weeks ago and I was shocked when she told me I need a liver transplant, I don't drink alcohol, this diagnosis came as a shock.
Just been told I need tests at the liv... - British Liver Trust
British Liver Trust
Why Liver transplant?.Type 2 Diabetics may have gastric emptying problem
It can be very confusing as to why someone gets liver disease, especially when the media just highlights alcohol. Alcoholic cirrhosis represents about 40% of cases. The other 60% are numerous genetic or environmental/lifestyle causes.
I was diagnosed with NASH, although not obese. I was told I just had 'lucky' genes!! Apparently a mix of factors including undiagnosed type2 diabetes, & a stressful lifestyle led me to a transplant a month ago.
It is a shock.....but there is a future.
Hi have you had a scan or had bloods took I'm just wondering how they've come to that decision without you seeing or being seen by liver clinic .all the best
Hi, most of us on here understand how you feel . I never smoked and was a vey light drinker but still ended up having a liver transplant. Autoimmune diseases were a new world to me. Take things as they happen don't look for problems, illnesses affect people differently.
I would seek a second option and ask questions , I joke disbetics can suffer with a lot of problems as my nephew of 23 yrs old is suffering with neuropathy all over his body and is in a lot of pain . Not everyone has to be a drinker to get liver disease , that's what caused Mine unfortunately so I have no one to blame but myself . I hope you find some help soon .. Keep us Posted Best wishes Linda X . If you need to chat then please message me
Don't panic just yet, I was first told I had cirrhosis, then just fibrosis then when I eventually got to see the specialist it turned out to be an auto immune issue. I went to hell and back for the first few weeks imagining all sorts of things. I'm pretty sure they can't give you a firm diagnosis without further tests done by the specialist. Good luck and let us know how things go. X
Not what you're looking for?
You may also like...
my doctor presumed it was alcohol fatty disease but I don’t drink alcohol I’m 25 and I’ve probably...
asking our GP if he can transfer to a specialist liver unit. Our nearest is the Queen Elizabeth in...
other people who have liver decease and are waiting to be accepted for a transplant. People with...
41 years of age.
My doctor told me if I didn't stop I would go into liver failure...I'm not 28...