First park run!: I was enthusiastically... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,650 members โ€ข 12,492 posts

First park run!

wyrdwolf
wyrdwolfGraduate10
โ€ข10 Replies

I was enthusiastically persuaded at work to try a park run, and so yesterday I went to Moors Valley Country Park to give it a go. I was surprised how many people there were (over 500) so at first it was a bit daunting, especially as I was already scared, but it was fine once we started.

The run itself is very pretty, first going through the lovely pine forest and then goes into the fields around a lake. The volunteers around the route were lovely and encouraging, it is a very friendly atmosphere.

Beat my current best time by over 3 minutes, it makes a difference having less mud! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I can't stop thinking about it, going to try another one next weekend (as my work colleague who was there said, "you'll never have a free Saturday morning again")! ๐Ÿ‘

10 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate10

Well done wyrdwolf, Iโ€™m so glad you enjoyed your first PR. Your work colleague is right. Be warned, it changes your Saturdays forever! ๐Ÿ˜…

1 like
wyrdwolf
wyrdwolfGraduate10
in reply to cheekychipmunks

Going to go to my most local one on Saturday I think! ๐Ÿ˜„

1 like
damienair
damienairGraduate10

Congratulations on your first parkrun. Itโ€™s a great way to kick off a weekend and you run faster I think in a crowd. Iโ€™m looking forward to running at my local parkrun again next weekend. Iโ€™m addicted. I missed a few recently with family reunions, family wedding, work and an event. But I should have a clear run at parkrun until Christmas.

Damien

1 like
wyrdwolf
wyrdwolfGraduate10
in reply to damienair

Ahhh hope you get a good batch of park runs before Christmas! ๐Ÿ‘

Madge50
Madge50Graduate10

Welcome to the parkrun family, great โ€˜init! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„.........yes, welcome to your new addiction......free milestone t-shirts to work towards......๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

This is just the beginning........youโ€™re in now.....

Mx

2 likes
wyrdwolf
wyrdwolfGraduate10
in reply to Madge50

I saw the t-shirts and I want one now! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

1 like
JonathanP
JonathanPGraduate10

Well done on your first parkrun wyrdwolf - glad you enjoyed it!

1 like
wyrdwolf
wyrdwolfGraduate10
in reply to JonathanP

It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be! ๐Ÿ˜„

1 like
Coddfish
CoddfishGraduate10

I havenโ€™t been to Moors Valley for years but would imagine itโ€™s a lovely place to run from my recollection of it. I must add it to the to-do list, for when itโ€™s dry!

Congratulations on your first parkrun - beware, they are addictive.

1 like
wyrdwolf
wyrdwolfGraduate10
in reply to Coddfish

I chose it because I know it is pretty from when I used to walk my dog there :D Can't wait to go back in a few weeks!

You may also like...