Breast Cancer Haven

Wow next step starts

Chemo starts on the 24th 3 cycles of FEC then once a week for 12 weeks with another drug then radiotherapy in the U.K. Then another for the bones every 6 mths for 3 years ... and to put the cherry on top hormones for 10yrs .... the doctor then told me I have a grade 3 on the right and a 2 on the left ... I have had statistics thrown at me for 2half hours ... my brain is frazzled ... any good hints while enduring chemo or places to buy funky lady like hats lol 😂 That don't make you look like the old mamny down the road .... keep smiling xxx

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Get ready for a rollercoaster, but from the way you sound you will be more than able 😀 I got some very thin cotton caps as I get so blooming warm... they proved too much so I went brave and bold and shiney bald 😂😂😂 tattoo on my mastectomy scars starts on 28 March 😂😂😂😂😂😂

5 likes

Like you said keep smiling😊

Sending love and hugs🤗😘

Louise xx

1 like

Hi, I've no doubt your brain is frazzled but it sounds like you've taken it all it, l made notes after I saw Surgeon/Oncologist to refer to if needed.

Take one step at a time otherwise you'll be overwhelmed.

Chemo Tips

Drink Lots of Water, they have great antisickness Meds now so very few people are actually sick. I found the worst thing was my mouth & the effect on my taste buds! Melon is good, Yogurt, I eventually stumbled on having porridge made with lots of milk, & soups as I could not eat bread. I mainly ate chicken as didn't like the texture of beef or lamb.

I bought lots of hats then didn't wear them as I loved my wig(s) which is just as well as my hair has grown back very thinly so still wearing a wig. I did however also wear scarves fashioned into fancy turbans, cotton or jersey are best as they don't slip. I used to wear little cotton beanies under the scarves, I'll send you the details later.

Lots of hand cream & foot cream as Chemo can make the skin peel on hands/feet & depending on your Chemo it can effect your nails, so cuticle oil & dark nail polish.

Hope it all goes well & just concentrate on your Chemo for now. Do you have to come over to Liverpool or the Wirral for your Radiotherapy?

Take Care & keep in touch & I'll send you the info for the little beanies when I get up 😴

Best Wishes 💐

Mrs N 💅🏼

5 likes

Clatterbridge Wirral ... got to have a Hickman line too ... deal with twinks got to do what's nessscessary 😷🤣😂🦋

1 like

Sending love and hugs to help you through the next stage of your journey xxxx

1 like

Wow !, such a lot to take in ... But you already sound like a positive person ... Just breath .. and keep positive .. I wore hats .. Tried wigs but not for me .. As for chemo everyone can react differently .. I just followed their instructions .. To the letter !! .. For me finding a drink I could tolerate.. Was ginger & lemongrass cordial .. And to nibble ginger biscuits & rich tea ... Just go with the flow ... It's a path you have to go down to reach where you want to be 💞💞💞 good luck x

3 likes

You may also like...