4 days late

Hi me and my husband have been trying to conceive for over a year now. My periods are normally like clock work but this month I'm 4 days late. I've taken 3 tests all on different days including today but they are all negative! I have no symptoms other than my breasts hurting every now and again. It's like a sharp pain that comes and goes! Could I be pregnant? I really don't want to get my hopes up if I'm not!

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Kathy,

It might be that you are testing too early as it can take up to 21 days for enough pregnancy hormone to build up to be detected by pregnancy tests. The best thing to do might be to go and speak to your GP - they can discuss dates with you and do a blood test. If you aren't pregnant, it would be good to have a chat with your GP anyway given that you have been trying for over a year - they can check if there is anything that might be affecting your chances of conceiving.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Katherine

• Hi Catherine, thank you for your advice. I actually started my period today ? am very upset as I was convinced it was my turn!! Will still make an appointment though and fingered crossed for next month! Xxx

• Oh I'm sorry but yes do go to your GPs for a chat. Fingers crossed for you and best of luck x

You may also like...