copd and allergies

hi everyone...i am hoping someone can give me some information on what is going on with me. I have very severe copd (fev25%} and am 77 yrs old. i was diagnosed 11 years ago (at that time fev1 42%}. i am on oxygen 24/7 at 2.5-3.0 LPM. i live in Calgary, canada where the weather changes every 10 mins ! 😠 i quit smoking when i was diagnosed and try to stay active but find i am in usually feeling to tired to "get up and go". it is a vicious cycle...

for the last couple of months i find my nose constantly pouring clear fluid and then it drips back into my throat. then my throat gets a tickle that sets me off on a severe coughing spell! i seldom.b ring up anything but the coughing makes me very tired and scares my friends and family! i am wondering if it could be an allergic reaction to pollen or ???. has anyone experienced this? could it be exacerbation? how do i know?

thanks for any advice you have. jackie

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Possibly post nasal drip, stick it in google and it will explain what it is, I'm not a doctor obviously but it may be that.

• thank you very much roey

• It does sound as if it could be an allergy that you have now developed. I would get it seen to by a doctor first in case it is another problem with your sinus'.

I now suffer from hay fever for the first time ever this year, horrible, I hope it is a passing phase, Cetirizine Hydrochloride tablets seem to work and I take one before I go to sleep at night so I do not have problems with disturbed sleep.

• thanks!!

• I've had hayfever for about seven years. Another good nasal spray that works really well is beconase, you can pick it up at tesco's or a chemist. I usually start taking it at the end of April to give a bit of a boost before the grass pollen starts in may. It doesn't prevent itchy eyes though.

• You're welcome

You may also like...