British Heart Foundation
8,835 members5,399 posts

Life insurance to protect mortgage

Hi there,

Im 25 and have had 2 open heart surgeries to repair and replace one valve when i was 16 and then 17. I have been well since my second operation. I have recently bought a house and am struggling to obtain life insurance or some sort of protection for my mortgage should anything happen. I would like at least for my mortgage to be paid off for my partner in the event or a critical illness or death! I have not been successful so far does anyone have any information that could help?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
oldestnewest

There is a Pinned Post about 'Life & Travel Insurance' that is worth you looking at.

I have had Type I Diabetes since childhood. When I took out my fisrt mortgage life insurance was tricky to find but I fortunately found a company who charged a reasonable premium with the facility to increase the cover in the future (for up to 25 years) on a pro-rata basis. Unfortunately, they were taken over by on of the large players whose Ts&Cs changed everything so I decided to forgo the insurance. I have never been able to find sensible health/critical illness/unemployment cover - in fact on quote was over 75% of the mortgage repayment!

Good luck in your search!

You may also like...