British Heart Foundation
5,806 members3,679 posts

Best way to post my story with BHF

Hi There

I'm a newbie on but do have a story to tell so much so that I have written a comprehensive blog about it.

Very briefly I love running and was totally asymptomatic of any heart problems but after a chest infection I was diagnosed with a profusely leaking Aortic Heart Valve and had to have a mechanical replacement, arrested 2 days later after surgery and then had to have a pacemaker fitted, now running again, but think my story tells the whole picture and can perhaps help others in similar situations so I would like to see if the BHF want to use it but I can't find an easy opening with contacts on the BHF site to see if they want to feature it at all.

Any BHF moderators on here that can help?

Regards

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Why don't you insert a link to your blog then members can decide whether to read it or not?

1 like

Hi Roy. Hope you now have your problems under control.

Following the fitting of a Pacemaker last year I wanted to show my appreciation for the work and research carried out by the BHF.

I found it easy to contact the BHF via their web site. I have received replies

from 2 administrators and put in touch with my area rep...

If you still have a problem come back to me & I will see if I can help further.

Best wishes Derek36

Hi Roy, I can relate to your story. I'm also a keen runner like yourself AND I wrote a blog philsquadruplebypass.wordpr... The blog helped me get things off my chest ( forgive the pun) at the time and also hopefully has helped people understand what can be expected. I would love to read your blog if you can post a link.

Good luck with the running and hopefully I can catch up at a race sometime. I will be doing the Birmingham 10k and the half Marathon this year amongst others if you are in the area

Phil

Thanks Phil - an interesting read for me...

Hope it helps Michael . good luck in getting well again

Hi There

Sorry I never got back to you with my blog but have only just got things sorted to put it online. If you want to have a look here's the link.

roytruett.co.uk/

Regards

Roy

1 like

Great story Roy

Contact Heart Matters on the BHF website. I'm sure they would be interested to include your story

Hi FiftyRoy - thanks so much for getting in touch. Wonderful to hear that you're running again. As Nanne has mentioned, please do get in touch with our Heart Matters team heartmatters@bhf.org.uk bhf.org.uk/heart-matters-ma... and they'll be able to help. :)

You may also like...