Pain during sex: Hi, wondering if anyone has any... - BASHH


19,612 members2,918 posts

Pain during sex

slclife profile image
13 Replies

Hi, wondering if anyone has any advice. For a while I’ve been getting pain during sex went to my GP and all tests came back normal and told to try lube. Must have spent around £70-£100 on different lubes but sex is still painful. Feels like a burning sensation, anyone know what it could be or anything else to try before i go back to my GP?

13 Replies
xsevenx profile image

What sex are you? I could not make out from your posts.

slclife profile image
slclife in reply to xsevenx

Apologies. Female

xsevenx profile image
xsevenx in reply to slclife

Not an ideal situation. Pester your GP to refer you to a gynaecologist.

Apples1234 profile image

Are you using condoms? Some people can be allergic to the latex in them, maybe worth trying latex free ones if you are using them.

slclife profile image
slclife in reply to Apples1234

No we don't, I do have an allergy to latex was found out when I went for allergy tests around 5/6 years ago.

toastkid profile image

Could be a latex allergy or an allergy to spermicide. Could also be something like endometriosis, adenomyosis, or something else a gynaecologist would be able to diagnose that a GP might miss.

slclife profile image
slclife in reply to toastkid

I do have a latex allergy so don't use condoms etc. I was referred to gynae and everything came back normal which is the confusing part.

metalminded profile image

This might seem like an odd reply but is your significant other too big and causing you discomfort?

Can you describe the pain and where/when you experience it?

slclife profile image
slclife in reply to metalminded

Been together over 4 years and this is something that's started in the last year so I wouldn't have thought so, sex was great prior to this. The pain is like a burning/ stinging feeling and only happens on penetration.

metalminded profile image
metalminded in reply to slclife

That is odd, especially since you’ve been together so long. I suppose the best option is going back to your gynecologist for follow up.

Does he have any pain or discomfort during the same time?

slclife profile image
slclife in reply to metalminded

No, none at all.

Thank you for the advice, ill chase them up for another appointment.

BRICHELLE profile image

That’s interesting as I’m suffering from the same thing, not been checked out at all. Maybe I should contact my GP.

Galen70 profile image

You should attend a sexual health clinic for examination and investigation. If all of your tests are negative and your examination normal , you need to consider vaginismus or more likely vulvodynia. The sexual health clinic can refer you onwards if this is thought to be the diagnosis .

You may also like...