Vaginal discharge : I’ve been having yeast infection... - BASHH


16,927 members2,662 posts

Vaginal discharge

Charlie002 profile image

I’ve been having yeast infection and bacterial vaginitis none stop for a couple years now. I’ve been to the GP and they prescribe me with medication which clears it up for a couple months and it comes back again. I’ve had vaginal swabs and they’ve come back clear but I know there’s something, the discharge is white and sometimes has an unpleasant smell. I don’t know what else to do the GP doesn’t really help especially during corona appointments are limited

5 Replies

Hi Charlie I was similar to you the yeast infections will be from the antibiotics getting rid of all your good bacteria as well as the bad.Then as I was having an examination by a gynaecologist he said I had BV I had ever heard of it that followed months of it coming and going . I decided to research more natural cures after a lot of trail and error this is what I do . I sent fir Balance Active on Amazon for the BV use for one week then twice a week to keep it away after some months I did not need this any more as I was useing probiotic for women Optibac two a day also from Amazon then I started viginel probiotics by Canisflor also from Amozon I get them regular a’s a bit cheaper ,this took me ages to work out and it’s not instant I took the Obtibac for months with the Balance Active to start with I have not had BV for over a year now my gynaecologist is okay with this as I don’t do well on anti biotics .I Carnt believe it please try and don’t give up if it takes a year it’s worth it even the cost is too . My routine is every morning I take Obtibac for Women with my breakfast and twice a week at bedtime the vaginal probiotics and D Mannose powder every morning for cystitis 🙏good luck

Omggg this is a lot of information to take in, soo how many months did you have to take all these medications overall and did the NHS help with the cost at all?

Galen70 profile image
Galen70 in reply to Charlie002

None of these treatments would be NHS funded.

Charlie you need to go to a sexual health clinic and have microscopy done to assess if your vaginal flora is normal. They are the specialists in discharge - not gynaecologists, who don't have access to microscopy.

Charlie002 profile image
Charlie002 in reply to Galen70

Okay thank you i will give them a visit

maryemma profile image
maryemma in reply to Charlie002

No unfortunately not

You may also like...