cause

I like several others have Cerebellar ataxia. I'm not bothered about the cause because you can't change it. That said I have spoken to others who have the same condition and I find we were all premature. We have nothing else in common' even our symptoms are different,although we all have mobility problems.

I am interested to know if there are others with the condition who were premature. I don't intend using the information, as yet I'm not sure what I will do with it. i'm just curios.

Take care all of you

Fifa

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • By premature do you mean that the condition has been there all along? If so then I now think that I have had cereballar ataxia since I was very young (although I'm not certain). Since I was young I have been a very clumsy and accident prone person. My symptoms of ataxia became apparent to me around three to four years ago. I found myself feeling quite dizzy at times and would stagger moreso towards my left side.

What I can remember was that I noticed this change shortly after I had an operation to have a hearing implant inserted into my head. I didn't connect this at the time but looking back on it, my thinking is that the operation could have been a trigger for my ataxia (not the cause) but I'm not very sure.

• Hello Iain

Thank you for your reply. For the purposes of the question premature means as a baby you came early. For example, take me, I was due on the 28/5 but was born on the 4/4,very premature.

Hope all is well with you.

Take care

Kind regards

Carol

• Hi Fifa

I was not premature. I have not heard any link between prematurity and developing cerebellar ataxia but I will do some of my own research into it if that is OK?

Harriet

• For what it is worth, I was late!

Love Lit

• Hello HarryB

I don't mind at all.

Kind regards

Fifa

• Helllo Lit

I hadn't thought about being late. Trust you!!!

Take care

Kind regards

Carol

You may also like...