Hi all

I was diagnosed with Asthma back in 2001 after taking 2 nurofen for cold and flu and had an asthma attack ( never had one before ). I was in hospital for 3 days. My asthma has always been under control. The last few days I have had an awful cough and coughing up greeny/yellow phlem and saw the doctor for something else and ended coming home with antibiotics and steriods. Am feeling rough.

I am new to the site

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome, & I hope you soon feel better.

At this stage, it sounds like the GP has acted quickly & done the right thing. Hopefully, with the medication, you'll soon pick up. Do you have a set of inhalers as well?

If the phlegm doesn't clear up soon, it may be worth getting a sputum sample done, just to check that the antibiotics are the correct ones.

And I'm sure you know by now, don't touch ibuprofen!

• Hi yes I have inhalers too, Ventolin and Qvar. The Doctor suggested I use Qvar 4 times in the morning and 4 times at night.

I hope everything clears up, I am due to fly out to Spain next week.

I haven't touched ibuprofen since and I don't want to risk having to go back to hospital again.

Thanks

• Hi welcome hope your feeling better xx

• Hi asthmatics and copd sufferers should stay away from ibruprofen dont know why it does but makes breathing worse hope you get better soon xx

You may also like...