Research questions

Hi all,

Hope everyone's finding the new HealthUnlocked community useful - it's great to see so many of you posting and supporting each other.

I've seen a few research questions pop up on here recently - I'm trying to keep track and take them down as they appear. Research questions are not allowed under the Forum Terms and Conditions, unless we've vetted them first - for more details see asthma.org.uk/forum-terms-a...

If you spot any research posts on the forum please report them and myself or another admin will remove them.

Thanks,

Pippa

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thank-you for the information

• Hi Pippa,

How come research question aren't allowed? How about research information that might be helpful to people.

thanks

• Hi sagittar,

We're happy for research questions (i.e. someone asking for people to participate in research) to be posted - we would just like to have a chance to check them first.

We want to make sure that the research is scientifically valid and ensure that the results will be useful to people with asthma - essentially just a check to avoid any studies that are bogus, not clinically sound, or generally just not a good use of people's time to respond to.

Posts about the latest asthma research and news are of course absolutely fine.

Hope that explains it - but let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Pippa

• Hi Pippa,

I'm new to the forum, do you know if there is posts / research about children with brittle asthma please?

Many thanks

Sarah

• Hi graciebelle,

Welcome to the forum!

It's more than likely there are posts, but they might be a bit hidden in the archives - I can't think of or see any recent ones that spring to mind.

If you haven't yet, try using the search bar at the top right to find posts around the topics you're looking for.

If you find a useful post, the 'related posts' list to the right-hand side of it might also help - there's a few related ones to your recent post that might be worth a look.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Pippa

You may also like...