We know that many mums and families affected by postpartum psychosis find poetry a great creative outlet for their recovery. There's an opportunity below to have your poetry published in a magazine and illustrated by an artist!
APP invite you to share your poetry with The Mum Poem Press - submission deadline: Friday 18 June 2021.
The Mum Poem Press is a poetry magazine which gives members the chance to showcase their work. We’re delighted that APP Ambassador, poet and author Laura Dockrill will be the guest editor of the next issue and that members of the APP network are being invited to submit their poems for inclusion.
The theme of this very special collaborative issue is ‘identity’ and the Mum Poet Club is donating profits from this issue to APP. To submit:
• Email your work to email@example.com by the closing date of Friday 18 June 2021.
• Send your poem in the body of the email (or as a word document - no PDFs please).
• The subject line of your email should be "APP ZINE".
Submissions are limited to one poem per person.
• 10 poems will be chosen for publication in the zine. Each poem selected will be illustrated by an artist and this illustration will be published alongside the poem. By submitting your poem, you are giving your permission for the Mum Poet Club to publish your poem in the zine and sell the zine without any fees being paid to you. If your poem is chosen, you will be informed by the end of August 2021.
• Please interpret the theme very widely and loosely (and avoid giving your poem the title identity), sticking to the styles and themes you do best.