Abnormality splenium corpus callosum on mri scan

Hi,

I saw my neurologist on Wednesday to discuss my recent mri scan, he confirmed no gadolinium showed up on the scan which was great news, and there was no change in the scan from the last one. Once I came home I had received a letter from the neurologist who requested my scan, she also confirmed what the other one had told me however on the letter it confirmed the abnormality of the splenium of the corpus callosum was still there???? Is this normal for people with AMN or is this ALD? Feeling confused as I've read up about this and this is the early stage of ALD? Any help or advice would be great thank you.

Steve

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm in the same situation...

• Hi Steve, I have no idea what your talking about, just googled it out of interest, but thinking about you and hoping you are well.

All the best

Hillary

• Hi steve. Do you have a follow up appointment?

• Hi Mark,

My follow up is in 12 months time and a scan has been arranged for 12 months aswell, I think I should be getting another scan sooner from what I've been reading? I sent a message to Kim Hollandsworth yesterday in the Kennedy Krieger in the U.S. For her opinion?

Thanks

Steve

• If it is ald you can't wait 12 months which makes me think it can't be of great concern to the neurologist. Curious to see what Dr Holland worth says. Good luck fella

• Cheers Mark,

It was the same last year so I'm hoping it stays that way! It feels like I have a timebomb waiting to go off though! I'll let you know when I get a reply from the U.S.

All the best

• Hmm, still don't understand. They should be able to explain in lay terms what "an abnormality of the splenium of the corpus callosum " means, or else why bother to tell you in the letter?

Chris

• Steve

You should demand a follow-up appointment immediately. If necessary, ask your GP to write on your behalf. It's ridiculous to leave any patient with questions that could easily be answered by the right person.

Chris

• Hi Chris,

The problem is that they don't know!

There was no change from last year so hopefully it will stay that way?

Thanks

Steve

• Hi,

I had a reply from the U.S. today and they confirmed there is a legion in the splenium of the corpus callosum and said that it is typical of cerabral ALD but as there was no gadolinium enhancement showing its not active and he advised that I have scans every 6 months as it may become active! Hopefully it won't?

Thanks

Steve

You may also like...