Tikosyn safe? Anyone on it?: I have had three... - AF Association

AF Association

20,244 members24,776 posts

Tikosyn safe? Anyone on it?

jsanta
jsanta

I have had three ablations one cardioversion and have been permanent a flutter. Also enlarged heart and thick wall. My heart races to 160 on top out of sync with bottom after minimal exercise.

No more ablations.Dr wants to put me on Tikyson 3 days in hospital then cardiovert me. If doesn’t work do pacemaker and av node..

Any thoughts?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Sorry jsanta but I don't think Tikosyn is used this side of the pond. Hopefully some of your fellow countrymen will be able to help. There are a few members who are familiar with pacemakers so hopefully they will help too......

Thank you brotha!!!

I have been on Tikosyn for a year. Iconverted from AFib ti NSR while getting the loading dose during the mandatory 3 days in the hospital being monitored. I have had no perceivable side eff acts and no relapses.

jsanta
jsanta in reply to etheral

Wow thank you so much! I’ve read so many bad things about it. I go in onAugust 6 for my loading. I’m really happy it’s worked out for you I hope I’m as lucky. Thank you so much for getting back to me!

It cardioverted me on the first pill, then the next pill caused a cardiac arrest. They resusitated me and I ended up in emergency surgery for a pacemaker. I already had a really slow heart rate and I look back and think that was the problem, my rate was 33 in NSR after it cardioverted me. My normal had been around 48. I was told by the cleveland clinic when the first dose converted me, it was a indication to reduce the dose. None the less I was really excited that it converted me, I always require DC cardioversion, I have had 14 in 4 years. I personally know several people that does quite well on it. I am no longer a candidate.

jsanta
jsanta in reply to Spoiler

Oh boy hope you are ok! I am going in on Monday..Petrified of side effects but I can’t continue to walk 50 yards and be out of breath. I’ll keep you posted what happens. God bless I hope you’re doing better

Oh boy hope you are ok! I am going in on Monday..Petrified of side effects but I can’t continue to walk 50 yards and be out of breath. I’ll keep you posted what happens. God bless I hope you’re doing better

You may also like...