Hi All, this forum is very useful and is making me rethink my current ablation decision. I have had one significant episode of AF in Jan 2017. I was put on the regular meds: apixaban, bisoprolol, amiodarone and was cardioverted the same month. One shock was enough for a NSR and no issues since. I had a stent in 2011 and a pacemaker in 2014 and am physically active and suffer no side effects from the meds (other than tinnitus which started a few months ago- linked or not?). At the last appointment with the cardiologists he decided to reduce the amiodarone to 5 times per week. I pushed back a bit on the long term use of this med since apparently it can affect other organs. He suggested I see with the electrophysiologist what other options were available and the EP recommended ablation. I initially agreed, but after reading all the potential side effects of this procedure, I am wondering whether it would be wise to wait and see whether the AF comes back. One year without any AF as confirmed by checking the pacemaker (my personal monitoring station :)) makes me wonder whether it was a one-off event. I have already reduced the amiodarone to 3 times per week and have suffered no adverse effects so far. The GP told me to come off it altogether, but the cardiologist did not agree. I also felt he didn't really think ablation was the way to go but didn't want to contradict the EP. All a bit confusing, but one way or the other, I have to make a decision to keep my ablation appointment in March or cancel it. Any advice from anybody who has been through the same experience would be welcome.