Hi all at long lady a surgery date got flutter ablation or CTI ablation or isthmus ablation (it’s been called all of these) but basically ablation for Atrial Flutter 18th April at Glenfield Leicester. Got pre-op on Wednesday this week coming. I’m so relieved. All tests recent showed no AF although I have PAF!! I have a pacemaker so the difficulty according to local cardiologist is negotiating the pacing wires!! My EP originally was looking at PVI for AF but seeing as I am not in AF currently he’s not doing that which makes sense I quite agree. I have AFL alongside AF and I have ectopic beats very frequently. With the odd SVT thrown in for luck. Sometimes I can’t tell which one of these I am having so I call it flapping penguins ( sorry I love penguins no not the choc biscuit the animals) it does get me down at times even reduces me to tears if I’m in one of the other all day. I showed my Kardia printouts which day possible AF EP said I was in NSR do what’s that all about I’ve had a Kardia since I was using it for the trial when it first come out and up until about August last year didn’t get one reading for AF and now I’m getting them frequent but EP says not AF so this lady very confused wondering whether to ditch the Kardia device now as I feel I can’t trust it. I know it’s only a one lead reading but if it’s saying possible AF and it’s not then what’s the point? Or the other thing is could it be my pacemaker interfering but I’ve gad pacemaker for 12 years now so had that when Kardia came out.
Sorry for long post!! But anyway I’m pleased the flutter is going to be sorted (hopefully) and EP is keeping me under him for the time being but my local cardiologist who had cared for me now for 15 plus years seems to think I may still end up with the PVI eventually but EP monitoring mea in his pacemaker clinic to keep eye on recordings to catch AF when it decides to show itself again that’s the joys of it being Paroxsymol (sorry bout spelling haha)
Thanks for reading