New Patient support group in Surrey! All welcome!

If you live in Surrey, you may like to come to our monthly Arrhythmia Support group-

The first meeting is on 16th July at 5pm, Epsom Old Town Hall.

A local Cardiologist is providing Clinical Leadership and they'll be a series of talks on variety of subjects- may be debates on subjects such as ablation, warfarin v NOACs etc! Also time for tea and mutual support.

Please see website Surreyasg.co.uk for more details

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Rosy -- I hope your support group is better than the one in Worthing started earlier in the year. They were only interested in ICD patients , so big disa ppointment. Sandra

• More power to your elbow Rosy. my West Country Cell group is merely social but good fun anyway.

Bob

• I think this is excellent Rosy, more power to all who have founded it we need more of them.

Like Bob's group my Nosh and Natter is merely social and I applaud this sort of group.

Ian

• Yatsura- we're mainly for arrhythmia patients but will, of course, include any cardiac patients as they can have tea with us and ask questions of the clinicians as they see fit- we know it might take time for the group to grow but the local voluntary co-ordinator is sending info out to members and the hospital will give details to patients!! We'll either get no-one or too many to fit into the room available!!

Bob and Ian- we got the idea for this because this forum has been, as you know, so very helpful to us all- also meeting with Ian's group in london and on the AF day in November has been great,

Any new AF patients will be immediately directed to this site- hope you don't suddenly get a lot of extra questions to answer or we won't be too popular!!!!

• So pleased to learn of this group. I have been searching and was preparing myself for a trip to Brighton, which has one. I think Epsom may be easier for me to get to and the parking has got to be easier!

• that's great Peddling- do ring me ( details on website) and I'll let you know more about it.

We're hoping to have some really good talks- the cardiologist is very keen!! His arrrhythmia nurses are going to help too.

• Great idea, it's in my diary.

• Hi Orchard worker- Grat !! does this mean you are near enough to join us?- Do click on the link for our website Surreyasg.co.uk and e mail your details and I'll let you know more about it!!

• What a lovely idea!!! Anyone know how to set one up in York/Leeds area??

• Hi Frenchgoose

It's early days for us if you would like details of the practicalities so far, just e mail us info@surreyasg.co.uk and I'll let you know what we have do so far!!

You may also like...