2 Days after

On my last post I was a few days ago having a cryoablation in Australia .

All went well until they were turning the machine on to go its thing (brand new machine) and no go . The technician who sold the hospital the machine was showing them how to use it but no go. So I had the whole procedure with no result and have to go through it all again in 3 weeks.

On the bright side the EP cardioverted me and I've been 3 days in sinus rhythm ( after 3 months in PAF that feels great) . I also have had my drugs reduced to just Sotalol ( still warfarin but now I don't call that a drug I call it a life saver ) and blood pressure tabs.

My head is getting clearer by the day so life is good.


Last edited by

10 Replies

  • Great way of looking at it! All the best for the next one brave gentleman!

  • Thanks Iris but I'm not that brave . I'm just over feeling bad so when I feel good I go yahoo . It's a bit like enjoying a sunny day after its rained for a week

  • Hope that was better for your case :)

    All the best

  • Good luck for next time!

  • What a pain in the a... However, as you say you must look on the bright side so good luck for next time. At least you now know what to expect - think of it as a practice run!! Marie

  • I am glad that you had such great results from the cryo- ablation. I did too and have gone 8 months without an episode. I am also off of all heart meds, and BP meds and cholesterol meds. I had a seizure before I was diagnosed with AFib so I am still on those and Pradaxa because it is a stroke preventer. I would say you are doing great. Good luck.

  • Well done for being so positive. Hope all goes well with you next time.

  • Thanks for all your support - the funny part is if the equipment had worked I'd be saying it was a success - when you are crook for so long you get used to it and appreciate how fantastic it is to feel well

  • Good to hear Brian! A shame it didn't work out for you but watch this space and keep your fabulous positivity.

  • Geez mate that wasn't what you would expect from the hospitals here in OZ......like surely they would have tested the flamin thing well before they used it on patients! I bet the staff were embarrassed!

    I am glad that at least it went ok for you!

    I am off to Sydney tonight for heart mapping tomorrow then Ablation on Thursday!



You may also like...