2 Year update after cryoablation

Good morning, it is 2 years to the day that I had my cryoablation at the London Heart Hospital and haven't looked back. My AF was getting very regular, 2-3 times a week and would only go away after taking extra Flecanide. I was on 150mg Flecanide and 5mg bisoprolol daily.

I was offered the ablation and was so nervous that I went into natural AF the morning of the procedure. It all went well apart from being told that they had to do a chemical ablation to get me back into Sinus instead of cardio version afterwards and that it may not have worked. I went home the following day.

That evening I went into AF again and I was not happy. Took extra Flecanide and went back into Sinus. I had 2 weeks off work and rested. I came off Flecanide after about 6 months and stayed on 2.5 mg bisoprolol. In the first year I had about 4 episodes of AF and the same the second year.

I have now weaned myself off bisoprolol and only take Flecanide as a PIP. It is 4 months since my last episode of AF and hoping the last for a while. I understand that it may come back and have been offered another ablation if needed.

I haven't looked back, it was the best decision I made to go ahead with the cryoablation and would have another without hesitation. I am off to Australia and New Zealand in March to visit my daughter which I wouldn't have done 2 years ago and even cancelled a trip.

For me life has started again and I am making the most of the AF and medication free time.

Have a good day :)

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • So pleased for you, very similar story to mine except I needed a second ablation and had no episodes for over 2 years and just 2 quite mild ones since.

Thanks for posting, good news is always welcome and enjoy your trip.

• So pleased for you Kiwi and thank you for reporting back. It gives us all hope! Please write a piece every so often on this forum to let us know how you are getting on. No sailing off into the sunset now.

Jean

• Always happy to read good news.

• Thank you and I will definitely keep you posted. This site has been my saviour and I know how much it helps. Thank you to everyone :)

• Thanks for posting. These 'good news' stories always lift people (me included) :)

• Great news, always good to hear that things can go well........I've just passed the 6 month marker so it was very encouraging for me!

• Excellent! Thanks for sharing! Live your happy life!

• Wonderful outcome, well done and enjoy your new found freedom. Bet it feels sooooo good.

• Like you I had cryoablation 2years ago first year AF free then last May had AF ended up in A&E the only thing they found was I had overactive thyroid, now on medication for that but have had three bouts of AF since so I do not know if it is the Thyroid or AF back, so seeing Endo and heart nurse, hope to get some answers.

• That's great news, so pleased you're feeling so much better, i feel now that everything day has to be lived.

• Really pleased for you. Long may it continue! It gives me great hope that my ablation success of 14 months ago will continue. I have reduced my bisoprolol to 1.25 mg and am feeling fine. It would be great to come off it one day. All the best!

• Thank you, I could have come off bisoprolol sooner except it was my safety net. I reduced my dose to half 1.25 daily for 2 weeks and then every other day until I finally stopped. I still take one now and again if feeling anxious. All the best :)

You may also like...