Hello, I'm brand new here.
First my background.
- I was diagnosed about 3 1/2 years ago at 58 yo.
- My prostate cancer had spread to one site in my pelvis. Nothing showing in the lymph nodes.
- Went on Lupron & Zytiga. PSA dropped to zero after 5 months.
- Went off the meds for about 9 months after which my PSA started creeping up. Scans showed the cancer to be active again but had not spread further.
- Had radiation and am on Lupron again. The plan is that I'll come off the Lupron in Oct if my PSA stays low. PSA is currently 0.2.
I'm considering retirement when I turn 62. It is earlier than I had planned. I don't enjoy my work. Financially it's doable but it would be tighter than I had planned. I just don't want to regret not having more time not working should the worse happen. Any insights and/or opinions?