Advanced Prostate Cancer
4,550 members4,399 posts

May 1, BIRM-day

I received my BIRM this morning, so it begins. I was quite surprised with the dosage, 2 ml. twice a day. So, 60 days for $83 isn't too bad. The taste however, blech.

I've been feeling pretty low for the past several weeks, so any boost in energy would be a huge benefit. I'm doing this on my own with no input from my Onc. As far as I'm concerned right now, is that this is an immune booster, nothing more. I'll post how it goes.

Joe-guinea pig

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Would be very interested to read your progress Joe. Anything that lifts my energy levels would be fantastic.

1 like

Thanks for posting your results

Looking forward to positive results. Good luck

I'm currenty taking taxotere, firmagon, casadex. Having my 6th chemo treatment today. Fatigue and energy level were at my lowest points ever after 5th treatment. Walking down the hall would exhaust me. Was out of breath with minor tasks.

I started taking the Birm 2 1/2 weeks ago. Energy level started to pickup within a couple days and keeps improving every day. Went to walmart yesterday and in a hurry and was able to jog with the cart a little to get out quicker and was not out of breath.

I have last chemo treatment today so shall see if energy level doesn't get knocked down too much.

2 likes

What you report seems common for those taking Chemo---also suppose to offset the loss of hair, nail disfigurement, skin deterioration, and of course what you report Energy Increase. Good Luck!

Nalakrats

1 like

I've gotten some of the BRIM but there are no instructions. I've looked all over the place and I can't get dosage info. How much and straight or mixed?

2 cc's --twice a day. I use a syringe/wide mouth to measure and squirt it down my throat. It says with food, but I do it before eating. 3 times a day if you are in dire straights as to your Pca. I have mine in control for now so I use it twice a day. There is a 7X concentrate, that is used for serious late stage cancers. If you look for Gusgold Posts, you can find he posted a California number to get the Concentrated version.

Nalakrats

1 like

Nalakrats,

Gus talks a lot. That's about it. I think he's talking about the soil product. Just guessing...

Joe

Gus is ok---you have to understand his humor---it keeps his Pca at bay. It is good medicine, his humor!

Nalakrats

1 like

OK, so my PSA dropped from 2.54 to 2.50 over 4 weeks. This is after a .2 increase monthly. The only thing I added to my diet was olives. I'm good with this so far.

Joe

And if it stays there, for many months or years, I would think you might be happy. Remember when 4 was a normal PSA. But us Pca guys need to be under 0.1, so I understand your frustration. You might want to try the 7X version. It is 7 times stronger and is used for men with stage 4 cancers. Check out a Post by Gusgold, there is a California number to call to order it. That may whack your PSA down. I think it is 126 dollars for a 1 ounce bottle.

Nalakrats

I'd rather buy a boat!

Joe

Well can I go fishing with you. You know I like to go after gators and sharks.

Nalakrats

I'm more a fresh water type. But, when I did get out there, it was out of South Jersey, Cape May, Ocean City...Anybody for Mackerel, ugh!

Joe

Thank you. I've just been diagnosed and I'm trying to avoid treatment though it looks like I'm headed toward external radiation. Unless this stuff knocks my PSAs way down, way fast.

If on radiation or Chemo, BIRM has been know to off-set the side affects. Read the reviews on Amazon, of those that rate it 5 Star---there are many to read. And if you want to, you can ask them questions, some respond, with their stories.

Nalakrats

I give it ten stars man. I think it's helped me in more ways than I can say, really. I feel better now than at any time in the last seven years.

Joe

I'm told I have an intermediate risk disease, for now. I'd like to head this off at the pass if I can. Seems like there are numerous testimonials for a few "alternative" treatments that sound too good to be true. But, b4 submitting to 8 weeks of radiation, I'd like to take a shot at something a little less extreme. I've apparently got a small window of opportunity here so, if I can find something that radically lowers my PSAs, I'll be inclined to delay the "traditional" treatment awhile.

1 like

ADT will do that--but that is a whole lot of calculating. But that is not an alternative. That is first line of defense for many.

Nalakrats

Yo man, do not do this as a front line treatment. It will assist you, in my opinion, with cognitive skills, memory, recall, and brain fog. Do what your Uro says, and come here to see if it's cool or not.

Joe

BRIM? Oy man!!! Enjoy the root juice. Nalakrats gots the dosage for you. I do 2 ml. a day because I keep forgetting the second one. So far, so good. No more brain fog, no more extreme weakness, PSA leveled off. I'm good.

Joe

1 like

That sounds pretty good to me. I'll be starting BRIM immediately.

Thanks for posting your results Joe, I am interested in this, for reasons others have stated.

I buy from Amazon--for 47 Dollars---120 mls---4 mls a day=30 days, of use. I do not know where you are getting, and why 83 dollars? Still not napping in the afternoon--energy increase I can attest to---but is it the Placebo Effect--should know soon. I know I can go longer in the gym--but after 1 and 1/2 hours, no need---just trying to maintain.

Nalakrats

2 likes

Ebay, $83 240 ml.

OK, then 240 divided by 4 , gives you 60 days of use--your deal is better than mine as I buy only 120 Mls at 47 dollars. I buy the smaller bottle, for shelf life. This stuff needs to be refrigerated after opening. Trying to keep everything fresh. When I go Fishing next week and when i take my BIRM, it will be packed with ice, in a baggie to keep its temperature, Until I get to my temp. living quarters.

We have already had one report here of a gentleman on Chemo, and fatigued, after 2.5 weeks, he is running thru the supermarket with his shopping cart--that was a great testimonial. Hope to hear more of this. Would like to really see if anyone's PSA drops after 30 days.

Nalakrats

2 likes

Congratulations! When are you going to publish the results?

Sisira

You may also like...