Keytruda

Is anyone using Keytruda?

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • No, but if you go by what the ad says, chances are it''ll kill you first.

• If we worried about the side effects every man had from any drug , we would not do any of them, some men have no problem and often a small percentage have a problem. Here is a paper on Keytruda by noted researcher TM Beer. The paper says of 10 men 3 had complete response down to <.01 psa, one all the way from psa 2553, another 3 had stable disease out to 50 weeks, to me I am very interested in Keytruda, here is the paper. personalgenome.com/wp-conte...

• Dr. Scholz suggested adding it with others once ADT/ chemo stop working.

• Well said Dan, as you usually do. What a rational viewpoint!

I am eagerly waiting until I complete my 2 year continuous ADT2 on 30 April 2017 with my PSA at 0.008 throughout the period since RP, adjuvant IMRT plus ADT, to refer my case for your valuable advice - what next to do? although I have my own plans. I was diagnosed in March 2015 at 68 years T2cNoMx GS9 with positive surgical margins.

Best wishes to Blair 77 and everybody's friend Dan.

Sisira

• Dan59,

Very good post. You said it very well. I read the link. I'm going to have to have a cup of coffee and read it again. Thank you for adding to this thread, it is refreshing to read well thought out, intelligent Responses.

• Do You know what else Dr Scholtz adds to it? Is it in a clinical trial. I noticed some new trials with Keytruda when you type its other name Pembrolizumab

and prostate into the clinicaltrials.gov page. Here are the trials clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resu...

• It says if PSA stops declining on Casodex start provenge with spot radiation and keytruda. Not part of a clinical trial just use off label.

• Keytruda no- maybe next - my husband Mike just finished zytiga then Provenge Immunetherapy- side effects much like chemo for provenge Immunetherapy-left him very weak for a couple of weeks - chills, fever - no appetite - won't know for a couple of months if the provenge shrunk the prostate cancer tumors -took zytiga 4 months - did not shrink the cancer tumors one bit -

• My husband tried it half dosage as a last ditch effort. To be fair, his liver was in bad shape when he tried it. I know the PCF had studies that some of the responses to it were amazing depending on the person and, I think, their genetics. I will always wonder if perhaps he should have tried it earlier instead of depleting his resources with chemo after it started not to work:(

• Blaire 77 and others:

Timely question. A good friend last week shared his experience with a Keytruda trial he is in the midst of and what his experience is thus far and his research. (He is a patient). His comment were taped and if you contact me at 808-298-1655 I can tell you how to get a hold of him and access his taped comments. Not many guys are using Keytruda as yet and these comments are quite useful.

Pkafka