I'm an animation student with ADHD and both are things I'm very passionate about. I think ADHD is really misunderstood so I'm planning to make a stop motion animation explaining it as best I can to the people who don't understand it, or just want to know more. If anyone can answer a couple of the questions below I'd be so grateful. It all helps me to understand what should go into the video and get different perspectives on how it impacts other people. Also if anyone has any suggestions for anywhere I can get really good ADHD explanations / information that would be great too!
1. Do you think there is actually a stigma and misunderstanding around ADHD? If so where are the gaps in the general understanding? Which aspects of ADHD are the parts that are misunderstood the most in your experience?
2. How does ADHD affect relationships?
3. How does ADHD affect employment and employability? Would a better understanding of ADHD make employers less likely to discriminate?
4. How does ADHD affect education? What should change in the education system to cater to people with ADHD?
5. What are the biggest risk factors for people with ADHD? In terms of developing depression and anxiety or turning to substance abuse to cope with ADHD?
6. What is something that you would like people to understand about ADHD?
7. Are there any positives of having ADHD in your experience?