Today is my 3rd day off my medication (Vyvanse 40mg) in over 4 months. I used to work at a GYM and would workout 3-4 hrs a day 5 days a week which was enough to stimulate my brain and keep my ADHD at bay. But I've recently switched jobs and can feel the ADHD stirring up, taking hold of my life again. This is why I've been taking medication for it. I am working on becoming an artistic director and eventually open my own business. I have definitely felt the pro's of my medication; Focus, control, waking up on time, etc. But I definitely feel the lack of creativity from my brain being so focused on tasks.
Anyway! What I want to know is,
1) Do you take medication? (If not skip 2 &3.)
2) what are the benefits of taking medication in your life?
3) what are the problems it causes in your life?
4) Why did you decide not to take medication?
5) What tools and things do you do to stimulate your brain in place of medication?
Side note, My ADHD thoughts just zoomed ahead and made me think of something pretty interesting and want to know if anyone else feels this way.
Life with ADHD is similar to one never-ending run on sentence. As my brain thinks, it forms a sentence and throws a word in front of another without slowing down to ask itself if it (1. makes sense, (2. should even be there, and (3. if it's even necessary. But yeah hope everyone is doing well and has an amazing Halloween!