Update on granddaughter : Well at... - Acoustic Neuroma ...

Acoustic Neuroma Support
1,174 members355 posts

Update on granddaughter

Tikaneko
Tikaneko
10 Replies

Well at last, Thursday 5th December she is to finally have the tumour removed. Following weeks of test, fluid behind the eyes and on then on the brain they realised the tumour was rapidly growing and is now nearly 5cms.

10 Replies
oldestnewest
Avarose2010

So glad she has finally had surgery . She certainly seems to have been put through the wringer , how is she now ?

2 likes
Sassy77

Glad luck to her

2 likes
Silversmith2000

I’m so glad to hear your granddaughter finally has her operation date, the waiting has been hard on you all.

Be prepared for possibly a longer operation than you might expect, I was told mine would be about 8 hrs and it ended up being about 13, and I am now fine, almost completely back to normal 😀 (it was 6 months ago).

Google some good supplements to help nerve recovery, I think that helped me, but who really knows!

Some guided pre-operation meditations can help go into surgery much more relaxed, this is also helpful.

Best wishes for your granddaughter x

2 likes
Tikaneko

Thank you for your support everyone, it means such a lot. Thursday will be such a long day. 💗

Silversmith2000

Thinking of you all today x

1 like
Mrspepperpot1

Thinking of you all xx

1 like
Avarose2010

How is your granddaughter?

Tikaneko

Hi, she is quite unwell at the moment, being sick all the time, quite confused and agitated. They have given her 2 anti sickness injections. We are hoping when we go in today that the sickness has stopped. She has very slurred speech and unable to swallow as the swallowing function has been affected which we suspect will come back in time. It has all been incredibly traumatic for all concerned but here’s hoping things will slowly improve. Onward and upward as they say.

Avarose2010

Thanks for that , please keep us informed of her progress and hope you all have a good Christmas knowing the worst is behind you .

1 like
Purplemonkeys

How is your granddaughter doing? My husband is due to have the same operation any day now? Wishing her a speedy recovery and thinking of you all x

You may also like...