7years post Gamma knife : I'm 34 yrs... - Acoustic Neuroma ...

Acoustic Neuroma Support
1,322 members411 posts

7years post Gamma knife

nido
nido

I'm 34 yrs old,7yrs post Gamma knife for 20×26mm AN.

Recent scan in 2018 shows 21×28mm when compared to 2014 when it has been 20×26mm .

Surgeon says it is a definite growth but v little . May need surgery in years (may be in 3 yrs ,5yrs or10 yrs or may never need )I m scared and worried.

My previous surgeon didn't think it was significant.

Any1 in same boat. Please

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello, I am 55 years old and had Gamma Knife surgery almost 3 years ago. My tumor has also grown.....will have to check results to see exact size but appears to be close to yours, perhaps a bit larger. I have been told I will probably need the traditional surgery as well. I had already done most of my research on doctors 3 years ago. ...meeting with a 2nd neurosurgeon next Tuesday but may go to San Diego for surgery. (First neurosurgeon I met with wants to do retrosigmoid approach which I am not crazy about.)

nido
nido
in reply to Jduckworthbc

How much tumour has grown in your case ?

Plus I am worried about complication like facial palsy!!

Jduckworthbc
Jduckworthbc
in reply to nido

My tumor was 2.1 cm 1.3 cm 3 years ago and then grew to 2.3 cm x 1.8 cm and on the last check it was 2.6 cm x 2.1 cm -- the biggest concern in my case is that I am getting facial paralysis which lasts 2-3 minutes and causes my eye to pretty much close. I will be making a decision on surgeons within the next 2-3 weeks and hope to have surgery late Sept timeframe.

nido
nido
in reply to Jduckworthbc

I would say it's still a slow growth . Could be poasibly the initially swelling post SRS.

Did ur radiotherapy consultant say it's SRS failure?

I it's more like facial twitching as side effect of radiation rather then facial palsy.

You may also like...