Vegan Foods for Life

Nut Milk

A few weeks ago I started making my own Nut milk. It is so easy I thought I’d share. I put a handful or half a mug of cashews which have been soaked overnight in my vitamix with approx 2 pints of water and a drop of real vanilla whiz it up and the magic begins. Depending on your blender you may have to strain it in a nut bag although in a vitamix you don’t. It lasts about four days and is much cheaper and better than the bought products as you know exactly what’s init. Great for porridge, cereal or sauces.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey thanks for this Agoodenough it sounds a fantastic home made alternative thats additive free...😊

Thanks for this. I must try it as I love cashew milk.

1 like

If you use less liquid then it makes a great cream. Smoothness can improve by pre-soaking for a couple of hours. If you do then you might need slightly less water.

1 like

Hi, I took your advice regarding the cream. It was delicious and quick and easy. No more soy cream for me. I made cashew cream with vanilla and had it with warm rhubarb crumble that I had made. Thanks for the tip! Ali

I didn’t realise that’s how you made cream. Thanks for that. Will give it a try.

You may also like...