Does anybody else feel these symptoms on thyroid medication?

I was prescribed Liothyronine 20mcg to take with levothyroxine 100mcg -

5 weeks ago -was told to trial for 2 months - I've been trying to persevere but I'm having some horrid symptoms - palpitations -throbbing -pulsing all over -headaches - muscle aches pains are worse including my feet ( I have fibromyalgia too) - struggling to walk extreme fatigue etc.,

I am due for a blood test next week & I've had a 24 hr urine sample both to be checked by endocrinologist on 26th March. I thought the whole point was to make all these symptoms better - it seems to make me worse !!! Did any else have these symptoms & can suggest what I should do ? Stop them or wait for blood test ?

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have you had your adrenals tested? Thyroid hormone won't work properly if the adrenals are fatigued.

Hugs, Grey

• Thanks for that Grey -The consultant told me that the 24 hr urine sample would check the adrenals & pituitary glands?

• The 24 hour cortisol urine test will only give an idea of your total cortisol level for that day. A more accurate picture is through separate urine tests taken at different times of the day as cortisol levels differ throughout the day.

• Hi Is your Free T3 low in range? I always need mine near the top of range, hence the T3. Sometimes T3 takes a while for the body to adjust. Are you splitting the dose, as far as possible 12 hours apart? You have a high on it after 2 to 3 hours. The other thing ,often useful with potent drugs, is to start ( or go back to ) half the dose for the first week.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Best wishes,

Jackie

• This has many links to answer T3 questions.

thyroid-rt3.com/backgrou.htm

You may also like...