Thyroid UK

Had RIO last June, i started to feel much better, But I have now started to get aches in my joints,

Also i am finding that i am getting uncomfortable around the hip area if i sit for too long. back ache is becoming an issue too, My feet have a hard job, getting going, I have started getting the sweats again although not as profusely as before and also i have just developed the cough (I am multi-nodular Hyper) which is like biscuit crumbs in the throat in the last week. Hospital had signed me off as i had 2 stable blood tests, however they want my GP to monitor every 3 months for a year. Next test due beginning of March.. Do you think it is all starting all over again?, also are there illnesses related to Hyperthyroidism.. Thank you

3 Replies

Can I check that you mean radio-active iodine ablation of your thyroid?

If I were you I would do two things. First, if you have not got them, get your actual blood test results, including reference ranges. Second, go to your GP and ask for a test now - none of this waiting around for another month or so.

This says how to get your results:

(I don't know much about hyperthyroidism, so tend not to answer. But did not like your post sitting there apparently ignored.)

I agree, get your test results and ask your GP to test immediately as RAI does not always work first time. Lyn

Thank you both ,yes its Radio Iodine Abalation, Rod. and thank you lynmynott, i have now booked another blood test

You may also like...