Graves’ disease and pregnancy : My levels are now... - Thyroid UK

Thyroid UK
101,195 members115,425 posts

Graves’ disease and pregnancy

My levels are now with in range i was diagnosed with Graves’ disease mildly I am on 5 mg carbimazole on alternative days I am 4 weeks pregnant but really worried about the defects on a baby which I wasn’t aware of before please can someone advise me

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Important to get vitamin D, folate, B12 and ferritin levels tested

Good vitamin levels are essential for good thyroid function and also for a baby's development too

Come back with new post once you get results and ranges

1 like

Thank you just had the blood test will inform u with the results thank u for ur reply

I think they switch you to PTU in early pregnancy, first trimester, raise it with your Endo.

3 likes

This!!!!

What do u mean this?

I am agreeing with coconutty

1 like

Also, it's worth pushing your endo to keep a close eye on your levels. Since you required such a low dose and were only mildly hyper. Many women experience a reduction in autoimmunity when they are pregnant and so you may not need any medication at all in a little while but you'll probably need to go back on it postpartum

2 likes

Thank u so much for this info my eyes do feel really gritty and sire and painful x

This might be of use to you -

healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

Thank u waiting for an appointment will mention it to them thank u for ur reply

When is your appointment? I wouldn’t wait, phone them and tell them you’re pregnant.

1 like

You may also like...