My health has been slowly but surely deteiorating for a few years now. It started with recovery times from having a few beers at the weekend where the hangovers extended into the week along with fatigue which I just put down to being over weight and my age.
So I finished work and decided to try and get into shape with a balanced diet and exercise. It's been hard work but I've shed 4.5 stones but don't feel any better for it. I started getting all sorts of symptoms which have over this year been dynamic but the worst and most prevalent is the persistent rhinitis I have.
In the search for an answer I convinced myself I had coeliacs disease so I've been off the gluten for 8 weeks now, same with the milk although I have consumed a little milk in some products. I've now come off the alcohol but that's only been a week.
I saw my GP on Friday, she has a revolving door, as soon as you walk in you find yourself in the corridor outside and walking out of the building. She just doesn't listen, she just talks, she was in such a good mood, maybe being the last day of work I just couldn't get a word in.
I've had diarrhoea for a few months now but this has changed the past week to constipation.
My symptoms are as follows,
1) Fatigue-no energy.
2) Tiredness- can easily sleep over 9 hours.
3) Rhinitis- usually stuffy nose.
4) Upper chest congestion/thick mucus and difficult to move.
5) Tingling finger ends.
6) Pruney fingers where the finger ends wrinkle like I've just got out of the bath.
7) Lightheadedness and dizziness- scary at times.
8) Brain fog- I park the car- get 2 hours free parking and then can't remember what time I parked it up.
11) Occasional stomach cramps.
12) Feeling cold- when all around don't.
13) Redness in the cheeks.
14) Bouts of insomnia- Yes, direct opposite to items 1+2 on my list.
15) General feeling of being unwell.
Within 2 hours of coming out of the Doctors on Friday I felt most of these symptoms hit me, I was shopping with my wife and gripped onto the shopping trolley for dear life.
The next morning I filled out an e-consult for the Doctors surgery which allows you to put all your symptoms in and asks if there's anything you think they should do so I've requested Thyroid checks.
I'm not sure what all that entails. I'm now afraid (after reading some posts) that the Doctor may deny me any tests.
Being an Engineer, I always like some contingency in anything I try and do, so could I get my own test done at Nuffield Hospital? I have one near me in Southampton. Wouldn't that annoy my GP if I was found to be Hypo after she'd tried to deny me any tests or am I just being anxious about nothing again.
Thanks for reading, if you got this far, LOL.