Which tests?

Just after some advice. I have no thyroid and I'm currently on 200mcg of levothyroxine. I am considering getting some blood tests done privately as I don't think my dr will be too accommodating when I finally get an appointment to see them.

I've been doing some reading and research on here and realize I need extra things checking.

So which tests would you advise? (This is just in case. I hope to get an appointment within the next month or so!)

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Blue Horizon Thyroid Check Plus Eleven or Medichecks Thyroid Ultravit

Both are the same and do a full thyroid panel including TPO and TG antibodies, plus Vit D, B12, Folate and Ferritin.

• Theres no good reason why any GP cannot order

TSH

freet4

Ferritin

Folate

B12

Vit d3

The last 4 all need to be halfway in their ranges for your body to be able to utilise the levo and convert it into T3

• I know they can but last time gp was VERY reluctant to do more than basic thyroid blood test (before I was aware of the need for all of these).

As I said, this is just in case.

Thank you for your reply.

• Explain to the GP that you have never felt well and thanks to NHS choices website you have learnt that

Ferritin

Folate

B12

Vit d3

Levels are vital for the utilisation of levothyroxinec

So could she please help you to sort matters and do TSH and free t4 please too

You may also like...