What blood tests should I get?

I have decided to get my own blood tests as I am going to have to wait 3 months to see an endocrinologist. I looked into going private but as non in this area will then convert to NHS it's a non starter as I can't afford it.

I take 100mcg of Levo at the moment (and have been for 6years) my TSH is 1.1 but I still have all my symptoms very tired very low weight issues hair problems nail and skin problem and can no longer remember what "normal" is.

I have been amazed by all the stories I have read and have found comfort in knowing I'm not on my own.

I have decided to get blood tests done myself and would just be grateful for any help with this. Where how and what to get tested.

Thanks in anticipation

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HapyJackie,

You can order blood tests via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin...

Thyroid tests: TSH, FT4, FT3, thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies

Vitamins: Ferritin, vitamin D, B12 and folate

Fast overnight but drink plenty of water and have the blood test early in the morning when TSH is highest. Take Levothyroxine after your blood test.

• If you've had a blood test in the surgery not too long ago you can get a copy from the surgery (we are entitled by law) of the results and the ranges and post for answers. Some surgeries charge a nominal sum for paper/ink.

Thyroiduk.org.uk do have named of Endocrinologists and you should email louise.roberts@thyroiduk.org.uk.

• Hapyjackie To get a full picture and includes everything that Clutter has mentioned

bluehorizonmedicals.co.uk/T...

Or

medichecks.com/thyroid-func...

You may also like...