T3 or not T3

I was taking 3 tabs of Thyroid-S, which improved symptoms but not enough. When I took more that 3 grains I got palpitations. To get help with Chronic Fatigue, I followed my Dr's advice and went back to Levo thyroxin - 150mcg, which I feel no good on. Because it's marginally cheaper, I was thinking of buying T3 from a stockist in Greece to supplement the T4 in Levo.. Some kind person on here told me that 3 grains of Thyroid S is equivalent to 27mcg of T3 - cant remember how much T4 is in it without looking it up. Perhaps the content of T3 in thyroid S is not as consistent as the synthetic version.. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? The synthetic T3 comes in 25mcg tablets.

thanku

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Jackie101,

3 grains Thyroid-S contains 27mcg T3 and 114mcg T4 which is equivalent to 195mcg T4. Why would the T3 in Thyroid-S be less consistent than Liothyronine (synthetic T3)?

Did you have a FT3 blood test when you were on 3 grains Thyroid-S? Perhaps more than 3-grains over medicated you.

We would need to see your thyroid results (including FT3) on 150mcg Levothyroxine to be able to advise how much T3 to add.

• Why do you add the T3 to the amount for Levo? I thought Levo was only T4? Which means at the moment, I'm on 150mcg of T4 and that's it.. Less consistent because its a from an animal - I don't know how the make it..

I will find the test results and get back..

You may also like...