Thyroid scan

Hi all

I went for a thyroid ultra sound today and everything was normal, all my neck area was checked nothing found.

It's a relief for me personally as after loosing my mum I was concerned about the big c.

I mentioned elsewhere I'm getting nowhere really with my GP dismissing the antibodies issue as all my levels are normal!

I see her in two weeks again to discuss the bliss she took yesterday.

I really want to speak to an endo though, as it seems the nhs want to wait until I'm actually ill, rather than preventative measures now!?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Daz78,

There are no preventative measures your GP can take to prevent you becoming hypothyroid. High antibodies are a predictor of future hypothyroidism but it's not a certainty you will become hypothyroid. There is no cure for Hashimoto's which causes 90% of hypothyroidism. Treatment is for the low thyroid levels it eventually causes. Many people have found that 100% gluten-free diet is helpful in reducing Hashi flares, symptoms and eventually antibodies and this may slow progression to hypothyroidism.

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/resear...

• Hey clutter thank you! Hope you're doing ok?

I've started to go gluten free now to see how I get on, with a view to retest in a few months time.

I have a sore throat at the moment that just won't seem to budge.. something or nothing? Who knows I guess.

I'm just glad my nutritionist told me to get my T3 level checked and I did a full thyroid check, I would never have known about any of this otherwise. I only saw her to get my nutrition sorted for running the Berlin Marathon in September!

Incidentally if anyone is interested I've started a blog darrensjourneytoberlin.co.uk in regards to my Marathon.

• Daz78,

Good luck with the Berlin Marathon. I hope you enjoy it!

• Thanks I might be in pain, but will hope it's worth it 😊

You may also like...