Levels

Hi I've been on 20mg of carbimazole and 100mg of Levo ( block and replace for Graves' disease)

My levels today after 5 months have come into range

Tsh 0.84 and t4 18.4. My question is why do I still feel so crap! My brain fog is the worst it's been I'm forgetting how to work my phone and close family names and I feel totally exhausted. Do I need more levothyroxine? I want my head and body back!!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Could you afford a private blood test to check t3? Medichecks have 15% off this month (I think the code is MED32 or similar-you'll find a link to it on this site). That will tell you how much of the t4 you are converting. Then post results here for advice.

• My last t3 was 3.5 in Jan that's been in range so I think they stopped testing it!

• Could you post range for that test?

I think that result seems very low. I know when I felt very ill my t3 was 3.9. Someone on here said for good conversion ratio t4:t3 should be 4:1. Yours iindicates possible poor conversion of t4 to t3.

• You need to post ranges (labs round the country differ) to see where your levels are.

• Ok so t4 range 12-22 mine 16.4

T3. 3.1 - 6.8 my last in Jan was 3.5 they don't test this one now as it was in range a couple of times

Thanks!

You may also like...