Following on from the Thyroid snippet on "BBC Trust Me, I'm a Doctor"I found this interesting youtube clip.....
OK he talks about his diet book & sugar etc. but he clearly states some things folk have been saying here for a while, which is refreshing ....
- "Sugar buggers up your arteries" - (Scottish doctor Malcolm Kendrick has similar thinking. Eggs & fat is fine).
- "Doctors aren't taught about nutrition"
- On his Diabetes diagnosis he refused drugs, preferring to research first & reversed it.
- "GPs don't get paid to help patients lose weight, they get paid to put people on drugs" ("Diabetes is fantastic for the drug companies")
- Villains - Kellogg, Coca Cola and Ancel Keys's low fat nonsense .....
- Good - The Mediterranean diet & red wine!
Hopefully things are changing, allbeit slowly, and I do like a good graph & some evidence too... enjoy! J
(please ignore the weird intro)